Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10, 2008

6 months in Zambia! Woot!
So upon returning to my village after being away for two weeks I felt a bit lost. The city, transport, and training were all highly stimulating so back to village life I felt a bit underwhelmed. School break had been extended a week because of the death of the President, so i didn't have much to do. The villagers were often gone or busy, so I was a bit lonely. Also, I discovered that my various vermin had decided to re-take up residence in my house while I was away. Yes. Bats and Rats. I'll spare the details because I feel like this blog has become a story of Peace Corps volunteer vs. the common pest. Anyway, this mad me both furious and a bit depressed. After I discovered the mouse had somehow worked its way into my bag of peanut M&Ms from Monika (who sent me a super awesome package!) it was the last straw. You just don't mess with my M&Ms. My counterattack has begun. Yesterday I purchased poison and hopefully the sucker is now dead. However, I am scared that he has crawled into my roof and may at some point just fall on me. or my stuff. Mice are so stressful. I'm also fearing that I will wake up to a giant fat rat dead on my floor. Why am I so afraid?

School finally started yesterday, so I have stuff to do. What I'm doing...still not exactly sure. Feeling my way in the dark.

Its hotttt in Zambia, only to get hotter.

I miss everyone from home!! Thanks for the recent packages!! Mom and friends, Zack and family, Monika , Dad and Pat!

Email me!

Love,
Caitlin

1 comment:

Enny said...

Caitlin, I was a little worried when Renata told me you shaved your head. But, after seeing the pictures, I LOVE IT!!! I think it really looks good. I promise an e-mail is forthcoming. Really. Love you!